In this article:
The Financial Report shows all changes made to invoices in a specific date range.
It includes the following:
- Invoice creation
- GST amounts
- Payments (including applied deposits)
- Item fee adjustments
- Voided items.
Please note: The Invoiced total presented on this report is the sum of the original invoice amounts prior to being adjusted/voided. This is done to show the history of changes made to invoices. For this reason, it is not recommended to use the Invoiced total on its own as an accurate reflection of what you have currently invoiced.
On opening the Financial Report, the report will automatically load the data from today's date (the current date).
- Use the the filter options, such as the Provider, Site, and Date Range at the top of the screen to change the report details.
When viewing the Financial Report:
- Click the drop-down arrow to the left of each row to view more detail.
- You can hover your mouse over any of the information shown in the report to view the text in a tooltip.
- Once expanded, the Balance column indicates if any amounts are still outstanding on the invoice.
- The Description column will show a short description of the transaction e.g. New Invoice INV0223.
- Transactions shown in grey text are from a period outside of the report's date range.
- These transactions are listed here to provide context, but the amounts are not included in the report totals.
- For example: if a patient is invoiced in January and pays their account in February; the financial report for February will not include that patient's invoiced amount in the Invoiced column total.
- The Financial Report does not show deposits until they have been applied as a payment to an invoice.
The Financial Report may not always exactly match your banking records or Gentu's Banking Report.
If desired, you can use the Export button to export the Financial Report to an Excel spreadsheet document.
- Click the Export button.
- A navigation window will open.
- Navigate to the area on your computer where you wish to save this file.
- Click Save to download the exported financial report.
If you cannot view or access the Financial Report, your user role may not have the appropriate permission enabled. Please see the User Roles article for more information.