In this article:
- Gentu features
- Accessing Gentu
- Hardware & environment
This article contains frequently asked questions which don't relate to one particular area within Gentu.
At the moment, Gentu does not integrate with My Health Record.
This may be a feature that we look at in the future, however, it is not on our immediate roadmap for development.
We love feedback - all suggestions, ideas, and feature requests are welcome, and will be forwarded on to the development team. Please email any feedback to email@example.com.
Please note that while all suggestions and feature requests will be recorded and reviewed, we cannot guarantee that all suggestions/feature requests will be implemented, nor can we generally provide a timeline for implementation.
The Gentu team releases regular updates to the Gentu app.
All updates are done internally by Genie Solutions and are rolled out to every Gentu user simultaneously.
You do not need to worry about updating Gentu at all - we do it all for you!
Take a look at our release notes article if you would like to see a list of changes.
At this time Gentu does not support API integrations with third-party software.
Gentu is not currently integrated with any third party software or hardware, including:
- EFTPOS terminals
HIC Online (or Medicare Online) is directly integrated with Gentu.
You do not need to set up or configure any HIC Online details (including PKI Certificates or a PSI Store) in Gentu in order to take advantage of online bulk bill and DVA batch claiming and/or private patient claiming. It is built directly into the system.
At this time there are no keyboard shortcuts built in to Gentu.
You may still use the browser's inbuilt keyboard shortcuts, e.g. using CTRL+F (CMD+F) to search for text on the page, or using CTRL+P (CMD+P) to print.
Currently it is not possible to change your email address from within the Gentu application. However, if you do require a change of your login email address, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request from your new email address. In order to proceed with changing your email address you must supply the following information:
- Your name
- Your GTU number
- Your old email address
- Written notice that you give permission for Gentu Support to change your email address.
It is possible to log in to Gentu from a smartphone or tablet device, however, you may encounter issues when navigating through the app.
Smartphone/tablet device access is only partially supported at this time. Therefore, you may encounter issues intrinsic to this environment that Gentu Support is not able to assist with.
Gentu is fully cloud-based - it is hosted online and requires an active Internet connection in order for you to access and use the application. It is not possible to access or use Gentu while offline.
Hardware & environment
Gentu works on most modern, reputable browsers with the exception of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is not supported, as there are some known issues when using Gentu from Internet Explorer (such as the inability to print invoices).
We recommend using Chrome or Safari for the optimal experience.
You can check and update your browser as follows.
- Chrome: Click the menu icon in the top right hand corner, then select Help > About Google Chrome. This will cause Chrome to check for updates and download them automatically if any are available, after which you can simply relaunch your browser to update.
- Safari: Safari is updated during the course of performing regular Mac OS updates via the Mac App Store. You can check your Safari version by clicking the Safari menu in the top left corner of the screen and selecting About Safari.
There are minimal operating system (OS) requirements when it comes to using Gentu, mostly related to the capacity of the OS to support browsers which can run Gentu.
For security reasons, we recommend that you use a recent, modern OS (such as Windows 10, or macOS 10.13 "High Sierra" and above), and that you regularly update your OS and your browser version.
The older your OS is, the less likely that it will be able to run the most recent, up-to-date versions of Safari or Chrome (the recommended browsers for using Gentu). There is also a minimum version requirement for both Safari and Chrome to support the Gentu interface.
The following operating systems are not recommended:
- Mac OS X 10.6 – “Snow Leopard” or earlier
- Mac OS X 10.7 – “Lion”
- Mac OS X 10.8 – “Mountain Lion”
- Windows XP*
- Windows Vista
*Windows XP has known security flaws and is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Beyond the above; Gentu does not have any specific hardware requirements. However, as in general, you will find that the older your hardware setup is, the more likely that Gentu will be slow to load or will have odd display issues.
It is not possible to scan directly into Gentu. Therefore, Gentu has no specific hardware requirements for a scanner or multi-function centre (MFC).
Documents must be scanned to your local computer and then uploaded into Gentu as Attachments.
You can use any modern, reputable brand that works with your computer's chosen operating system.
Gentu uses your web browser to print documents. It is not necessary (or even possible) to install a printer directly into the Gentu application. As long as the printer is installed to your computer or your local network, you will be able to print to it via Gentu.
Gentu Support may be able to provide general guidance on the use of printers/scanners, but is not provisioned to assist with the installation or configuration of third party software or hardware.
For assistance with configuring or troubleshooting your printer setup, please contact your nominated IT support person directly.
Please see the Printing article for more information.
You may wish to consider changing your computer's default browser to Chrome or Safari for the optimal Gentu experience and to prevent issues with future password resets.
Browsers other than Chrome and Safari are not supported (e.g. Internet Explorer) or are only partially supported (e.g. Firefox).
- Open System Preferences.
- Select General.
- Find the Default web browser heading.
- Select Safari or Chrome from the list.
- Close the window to save the changes.
For more information please refer to the Apple Support website.
- Open the Start menu.
- Type in Default apps.
- Select the Default apps search result.
- Find the Web browser heading.
- Click on the currently selected browser.
- Choose the new default (Chrome).
- Close the window to save the changes.
For more information please refer to the Windows support website.
If you would like to book one of our Gentu representatives for some helpful training, you can do so by filling out the form on our website.
Medicare may ask for your Minor ID, Location ID, or Gentu ID when you contact them (e.g. to register new provider numbers or sites of service).
Your Location ID is the same as your GTU number, which can be found in the top right hand corner of the screen while logged in to Gentu, in the format GTUxxxxx.
Gentu Support might ask you to take a screenshot of your screen to assist with troubleshooting a problem. The ability to take a screenshot is built into your computer, however, it differs depending on what kind of computer you use (Windows or Mac).
- Open the Start menu.
- Type in "snip".
- You should see the search result Snipping Tool.
- Open Snipping Tool.
- Press New, and you should see your computer screen darken slightly.
- Click and drag your cursor to select the area of the screen you wish to capture.
- When you release the mouse button, the captured area will open in a new preview widow.
- Save this file to your Desktop.
- Press the CMD, Shift and numeral 3 keys at the same time to capture a screenshot of your entire screen.
- Alternatively, press CMD+Shift+4 and you will see your mouse cursor change to a crosshair that you can use to click and drag to select the area for capture.
- The screenshot will automatically save to your Desktop.
Once you have saved the screenshot to your computer, we recommend that you use the Gentu Support Widget, inside your Gentu app, to upload the screenshot to us:
- Log in to Gentu.
- Click the pink "?" icon in the lower left.
- Search for any word (doesn't matter what is typed here).
- You should then see a Contact Us button appear in the widget.
- Click Contact Us and fill in the details, uploading the file as prompted.
You can contact the Gentu Support team as follows:
- Email us on email@example.com
- Phone us on 1300 889 362.
- When prompted, select 2 for Support and then 2 again for Gentu Support.
- Using the Gentu Support widget (more detail can be found below).
The Gentu Support team is available Monday to Friday, from 7:00 AM to 7:30 PM, excluding national public holidays.
The Gentu Support widget is built in to the Gentu app. You can use it to search the knowledgebase from directly within the Gentu app, or to contact the Support team.
Click the pink icon in the far bottom left corner of Gentu to open the widget.
The widget will open and prompt you to enter a search term.
The widget may also try to predict articles to suggest, based on what area of Gentu you are in when you access the widget.
If none of the results are sufficient, you can click the Get in touch button at the bottom of the widget to contact Gentu Support directly.
You will then see a link you can click to leave a message.
Click the leave a message link, and then enter the details of your enquiry.
Press Send to submit the form. The message will be sent directly to the Gentu Support team.