In this article:
Gentu automatically includes the Western Australian Government Medical Services Schedule (WAGMSS) item numbers and fees. These fees exclude GST, allowing you to opt-in to charging GST for any relevant hospitals.
As public hospitals in WA issue a Visiting Medical Practitioner (VMP) Provider Number, it cannot be added in the same way as a Medicare-issued Provider Number.
- Navigate to Settings > Manage Users.
- Select a provider from the list of users.
- Select the Practitioner Details tab.
- Under Sites of Service, select the plus icon to add a new site.
- Enter the Name to include the VMP issued by the hospital. Provider Number, LSPN and Equipment ID can be left blank.
- Select Save to finish adding the site, then Save again to close the Edit User window.
Gentu includes the base WAGMSS (excl. GST) fee schedules released in December 2018 and 2019. You can use these base schedules to create your own Custom Schedules, which should correspond with your hospital contracts. These schedules are only required if the hospital contract requires you to bill above or below the standard the WAGMSS.
- Navigate to Settings > Billing Items & Fee Schedules.
- Click on Add Fee Schedule under the Custom Fee Schedules heading.
- In the details window, name the new schedule (e.g. "WAGMSS +5%").
- Select the Percentage % option.
- Set the schedule to your contracted percentage above the WAGMSS (excl. GST) schedule, as shown in the example below:
- Press Save and allow the process to complete as Gentu calculates the required fees and saves the schedule.
In 2020, some hospitals chose to continue using the WAGMSS 2018 fees, rather than the fees released in December 2019. For any such hospital, you can select the WAGMSS2018 (excl. GST) option, then increase the percentage as required.
If needed, you can repeat the above process to configure multiple percentage-based WAGMSS schedules for billing at different hospitals. If you are not sure what percentage is required for a certain hospital, you should check with the doctor or practice administrator.
If you are required to include GST when invoicing a hospital using the WAGMSS, you can edit the Hospital's Address Book record to always include a GST component.
- Navigate to the Address Book and select the Hospital tab.
- Locate the Hospital and click on the record to open. If there is no record for the relevant hospital, you can select Add > Hospital to create the record.
- Tick the Issue invoices to this contact checkbox.
- Tick the Apply GST to all items billed checkbox.
- Select the Fee Schedule relevant to this hospital, as setup in the Configure the WAGMSS Schedule section.
- Select Save.
Please see the Address Book article for more information.
When you are reading to invoice a hospital, you can create a new invoice as normal via the Appointment Book or the Patient's Record.
- Select Add > Invoice.
- Select the Provider and Site of Service for this invoice.
- Select the Other... Account Type.
- In the Addressee... field, search for the hospital.
- Ensure that Inpatient is ticked.
- Add the items to the invoice.
- Add any other necessary details, such as any item service text.
- Save or Print the invoice as normal.
Because the Fee Schedule has been specified against the Hospital, you should not need to select this at the time of invoicing.
Please see the third party billing article for more information.