In this article:
The integration provides you with an extensive range of benefits, such as:
- The secure delivery of pathology and radiology results into Gentu, connecting you with the information you need immediately.
- No additional software or configuration is required, reducing set up complexity and getting you started as soon as possible.
- The ability to enhance your paperless clinical management experience, with Gentu bringing the results direct to you anywhere, anytime.
Gentu is fully integrated with Healius, formerly known as Primary Healthcare. You do not need to enter any details or configuration settings into Gentu in order to receive laboratory results from Healius labs.
You can register for Healius by filling out and sending an application form to the laboratory (or laboratories) that you wish to receive results from. This is the only step you will need to complete.
Please note when filling out the forms that your Gentu Unique Identifier will be your GTU number (found in the top right-hand corner of your screen while logged in to Gentu).
Once you have signed up with the laboratory in question, they will begin sending results to you, which you can access via Results/Letters > Diagnostic Reports. For more information, please see our article on Electronic Diagnostic Results & Reports.
Please see the list of laboratories, below, which include links to the sign-up forms for each lab.
Below you will find the list of laboratories which use Healius to deliver results.
Please note: the linked registration forms below include a Submit button which will send your details directly to the lab in question. In order to use this functionality, you must download the form to your computer, then edit and submit it using the Adobe Acrobat Reader program.
Otherwise, the form will not be able to be submitted electronically, and you will need to fill it out manually and email or fax it to the lab in question.
Laverty Pathology (NSW / ACT)
QML Pathology (QLD / NSW)
Dorevitch Pathology (VIC)
Abbott Pathology (SA)
Western Diagnostic Pathology (WA / NT)
Kossard Pathology (NSW / SA)
IQ Pathology (QLD / NSW / NT / VIC)
The carrier service Sonic is also integrated with Gentu for the secure delivery of electronic diagnostic results/reports.
Once you have signed up with a laboratory which uses Sonic to deliver results; you must simply enter your Sonic credentials into Gentu's Settings > Practice Details in order to enable e-delivery.
Below you can find the names and contact details for laboratories who use the Sonic network to deliver e-results. Please contact the individual laboratory/laboratories relevant to you in order to sign up for e-delivery. If emailing any of these laboratory providers, please ensure you include in your email the doctor's name and provider number and the practice details.
Sullivan Nicolaides & Queensland X-Ray (QLD)
Please contact them via 1800 100 769 or send an email to email@example.com.
Douglass Hanly Moir & Castlereagh Imaging (NSW)
Please contact them via 1800 653 779 or 02 9855 5454 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Melbourne Pathology & Epworth Medical Imaging (VIC)
Please contact them via 03 9287 7731 or send an email to email@example.com.
Clinipath Pathology & SKG (WA)
For Pathology, contact your Clinipath Pathology client representative, who will enable your account and guide you on where to enter your new account details in Gentu. Please contact them via 08 9371 4423 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Radiology, contact your SKG client representative, who will enable your account and guide you on where to enter your new account details in Gentu. Please contact them via 08 9320 1287.
Capital Pathology (ACT)
Please contact them via 02 6285 9805 or 02 6285 9801 or send an email to Client_Services@capitalpath.com.au.
Clinipath Pathology (SA)
Please contact them via 08 8366 2013 or send an email to email@example.com.
If the provider is able to transmit via Argus, you will need to apply for an Argus account if you do not have one already. Once you have an Argus account, enter your details into Gentu via Settings > Practice Details > Argus 'Edit Credentials'.
Please take a look at this document for more information about subscribing to Argus.
Once you have done this, let your provider know your argus address and they can start to send you correspondence. Gentu will automatically identify diagnostic results and move them in the Diagnostic Results tab of the Results/Letters module in Gentu.
Medical Objects is fully integrated with Gentu. You can sign up for Medical Objects via their website.
Medical Objects will provide the Gentu Support team with the details necessary to configure your account. The Gentu Support team will then configure your account for you in the background and advise you when this is complete.
- If you attempt to send an electronic letter via Medical Objects before your practice is configured, you will see the following error:
- When you send or receive a letter via Medical Objects, you will also have access to the Medical Objects delivery report. The Medical Objects delivery report is a web portal provided by Medical Objects to assist Medical Objects with troubleshooting their service.
- If you have any questions about viewing or using the Medical Objects delivery report, please contact Medical Objects directly.
Please note: Gentu Support does not have access to the Medical Objects delivery report.
Switching to Gentu from another software
If you switch to Gentu from another software, you may already use some of the third party services outlined above.
Please consider the following:
- Usually the laboratory or carrier service uses your Medicare Minor Location ID to identify your practice for delivering letters & results. When you switch to Gentu another software, your Location ID will change.
- We recommend that you contact each of the laboratories or services that you have already registered for, and ensure that your registration details are up to date, including your Gentu Location ID.
- Some carrier services will install their downloading software on your computer or network to facilitate downloading results. You should ensure that any software is removed from your computer or network when you switch to Gentu, as it can prevent your Gentu from receiving results successfully.
- Please contact the support team for each laboratory or service directly for assistance with the above.