In this article:
As the fees for WorkCover in Western Australia are based on the AMA rates, you will need to begin by having this schedule uploaded to Gentu.
You can upload the fee schedule in Settings > Fee Schedules > UPLOAD AMA. For further instruction, see our Uploading AMA Fees article.
After importing the AMA fee schedule, you can create a Custom Fee Schedule to reflect the specific WorkCover WA rates.
- Navigate to Settings > Fee Schedules.
- Select the ADD FEE SCHEDULE button.
- Enter the fee schedule name, e.g. WorkCover WA.
- In the Set Schedule to field, configure the schedule to be 0% above the AMA rates.
- Select the SAVE button.
This process will ensure the AMA rates are used for surgical invoicing.
If you require any fees for consults, you can enter the fees for any required items, as outlined on the WorkCover WA website.
- Navigate to Settings > Billing Items.
- At the top of the window, search for the relevant item number and select this from the suggestions listed.
- Select the WorkCover WA schedule created above from the dropdown menu.
- Type in the fee that should be used for this item.
- Select SAVE.
If the item required isn't listed, you can choose the ADD CUSTOM ITEM button to manually enter the item code and description.
You will need to manually update any consult fees if a new schedule is released. These fees will not be overridden by updates to the AMA schedule.
In the Address Book, you can set up any Account Holders, such as Employers or Insurers, to always use the WorkCover WA fees created.
- In your Address Book, locate any Employers or Insurers in the Account Holder tab.
- If no Account Holder can be found, you can create this by selecting ADD > Account Holder.
- In the Account Holder's record, locate the Fee Schedule list on the right side of the window.
- From the Fee Schedule list, choose the WorkCover WA schedule created previously.
- Add any other details for the Account Holder record.
- Select the SAVE button.
Setting the fee schedule in the Account Holder's record should ensure that the correct fees are populated whenever an invoice is address to this Employer or Insurer.
Invoicing for WorkCover WA should follow your normal process for invoicing an Account Holder.
- Select ADD > Invoice.
- Select the Provider and Site of Service for this invoice.
- Select the Other... Account Type.
- In the Addressee... field, search for the Account Holder.
- If you have entered a claim in the Patient Details page, you can also select the Claim to populate the Addressee.
- Add the items to the invoice.
- The fee schedule should automatically be set to use the WorkCover WA schedule, as indicated in the Account Holder record.
- Add any other necessary details, such as any item service text.
- SAVE or PRINT the invoice as normal.
For more information, please see the Third Party Claims page.