If you are a member of the Australian Medical Association and would like to use their fees, Gentu allows you to manually upload the AMA's fee schedule into your database.
The AMA fees in Gentu can be used to:
- Bill patients using AMA fees
- Allow you to set custom fee schedules based on a percentage of the AMA fees (e.g. WorkCover NSW fees)
- Allow you to utilise the AHSA per-item gap calculation feature when billing AHSA health fund Known Gap claims.
Before you can upload the AMA fee schedule into Gentu, you must log in to the AMA website and download the AMA fee schedule file.
Please ensure the file is downloaded in CSV file format. Other formats, such as PDF, are not able to be read by Gentu.
If you require assistance with your AMA membership, login credentials, or navigating the AMA website, please contact the AMA directly for assistance.
When downloading the file we strongly recommend that you do not open the file on your computer prior to uploading it into Gentu.
Opening the file can cause issues that prevent it from being uploaded successfully in Gentu.
After downloading the AMA fee schedule file in CSV format, you can upload the fees into Gentu as follows.
- Navigate to Settings > Billing Items & Fee Schedules.
- Click Upload AMA.
- Browse to the location of the saved CSV file on your computer and select it.
- Gentu will present you with the message: AMA schedule uploaded. the schedule fees will be updated shortly.
- Do not leave or refresh the page. Gentu will process the fee schedule in the background.
- After a minute or two you will receive a second confirmation message: AMA fee schedule successfully updated.
Occasionally, instead of the second confirmation message, you may see an error which says something like AMA fees failed to upload.
If you do encounter an error message, we recommend that you do the following:
- Perform a search on your computer for any AMA fee schedule CSV files.
- Delete each AMA fee schedule CSV file that you find on your computer.
- Re-download the AMA fee schedule CSV file from the AMA website.
- Perform a cache reset for your browser using the instructions in the Reset browser cache article.
- Attempt to upload the AMA fees to Gentu once again, using the instructions above.
If you are still having issues with uploading the AMA fee schedule, please email a copy of the affected AMA fee schedule file to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist further.