Private invoices (invoices addressed to the patient, including the patient's portion of a Known Gap invoice), can be receipted from the patient's Account tab or within the invoice itself.
In the patient's Account tab, simply select the invoice on the left and then click the Pay button to open the receipt window.
Alternatively you may see Pay & Claim: click the drop down arrow and select Pay Only.
In the Receipt window, you can enter a reference, if desired. This will appear next to the payment on the banking report.
Note: if you are backdating a receipt, we strongly recommended that you change the Payment Date to match the date that the payment actually entered your bank account.
If the invoice is being paid in full, click the Full Payment button, and Gentu will automatically apply the full payment to each item.
Otherwise, you can move down the list of items, keying in the payment amount for each item manually.
When complete, click Receipt.
You can then choose to Print or Email the receipt.
Please see the Email a quote or invoice article for more information on emailing a patient a copy of their invoice, quote, or receipt.
An organisational invoice is an invoice that's addressed to a company or organisation instead of the patient or patient's account holder. For example:
- Health funds
- WorkCover or TAC
- Any third party business or organisation.
You can receipt these invoices via Reports > Organisational Remittance.
Note: Gentu automatically receipts electronic Bulk Bill, DVA Batch, and ECLIPSE health fund claims. Generally you would only need to receipt these types of invoices on the odd occasion that you receive a manual payment advice from one of these entities.
- Navigate to Reports > Organisational Remittance.
- Select the organisation you wish to receipt.
- Enter the total payment amount, payment date, payment method (and payment reference, if desired) at the top of the window.
- Scroll down through the list and find the patient whose account you wish to receipt.
- Enter the Payment amount against the relevant item(s).
- Alternatively, tick Auto-Fill to apply the full payment amount to the item.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and press Save.
Please see the Organisational Remittance article for more information.