In this article:
Sonic Healthcare (Sonic) is a service which delivers electronic diagnostic results.
Sonic integrates directly with Gentu - you do not need to install any additional software on your computer.
There are a number of different laboratories across Australia which use Sonic to deliver results.
Once you have signed up with one (or more) of these laboratories, they will provide you with your Sonic credentials - a username and password.
Below you can find the names and contact details for laboratories who use the Sonic network to deliver e-results.
Please contact the individual laboratory/laboratories relevant to you in order to sign up for e-delivery.
If you are emailing any of these laboratory providers, please ensure you include:
- the doctor's name
- the doctor's provider number(s)
- your practice details.
|1800 100 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Douglass Hanly Moir
|1800 653 779
02 9855 5454
Epworth Medical Imaging
|03 9287 email@example.com|
Clinipath Pathology (WA)
08 9371 4423
08 9320 1287
|Capital Pathology||02 6285 9805
02 6285 9801
|Clinpath Pathology (SA)||08 8366 firstname.lastname@example.org|
If you have switched to Gentu from another software, and you previously used Sonic to receive electronic results, we recommend that you contact the laboratories to ensure that they know:
- that you have switched to a new software provider, and
- any new provider numbers that you may be using with Gentu.
Once you have received your Sonic credentials, you can then record your Sonic username and password in Gentu to enable electronic results delivery.
- Open Settings > Practice Preferences.
- Click the Sonic Credentials button located at the bottom.
- You will be presented with the below window where you can enter the Sonic username and password provided to you by the lab.
- Once you have entered your credentials, click Save to save the Sonic credentials.
- Click Save again at the very bottom of the screen to save the Practice Preferences.
Your Gentu will then be enabled to receive electronic diagnostic results.
Note: the Sonic password will not display in the Password field of the credentials window after the credentials are saved. This is expected behaviour and does not mean your password has not saved.
Changing your Sonic password
If you would like to change your Sonic password, you'll need to ask the lab to generate a new Sonic password for you, then repeat the steps above to re-enter and save your credentials and Practice Preferences again.