On 1 July 2019, BUPA is taking on the contract allowing claiming for Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel. This contract was previously held by Medibank Health Solutions under the name Garrison Health.
From 1 July 2019, Garrison Health will be known as ADF Health Services.
After July 1, invoicing and claiming for ADF Health Services must be done through BUPA's online booking system and cannot be done through Gentu.
Invoices created up until July 1 2019 will be treated as normal by the Garrison Health organisation.
Further information on what is occurring with Garrison Health can be found on the Garrison FAQs web page.
What does this mean for my practice?
To ensure you are ready to raise invoices and claim for ADF personnel from 1 July 2019, you must register with BUPA.
This is separate from any existing agreement your doctors may have with BUPA already.
To register, please see the ADF-HSC Provider Signup page on the BUPA website.
- Invoicing and claiming will be done via BUPA's online booking system.
- This online booking system is called BUPA intelligent Referral and Booking System (iRBS).
- For further information on what is required with BUPA, please contact BUPA directly.
- Invoices raised within Gentu cannot be transmitted to ADF Health Services via Gentu and should be created for reference/financial reporting purposes only.
What do I need to do in Gentu?
As the new invoicing and claiming system is external to your Gentu software, you do not have to raise an invoice within Gentu.
- If you wish to have a record of ADF billing in Gentu for financial reporting purposes, you will need to raise an invoice in Gentu.
- This can simply be receipted off via Organisational Remittance when paid by BUPA.
- The two are completely separate, and you will not receive confirmation within Gentu when BUPA has paid the account (i.e. you will not receive a remittance advice that you would expect if it were a normal ECLIPSE claim).
- It is recommended that you create a new Health Fund within Gentu for ADF Health if you do wish to bill them in Gentu for reference/reporting purposes.
The ADF fee schedule is available in Gentu from July 1. This allows you to create ADF invoices with the appropriate fees.
Invoices raised in Gentu for ADF personnel cannot be claimed through Gentu, and ADF Health Services is not ECLIPSE capable.