When searching for a patient, whether by surname, first name, or DOB; they are not appearing as a search result.
This can occur when searching for them within the new appointment window, or using the global patient search bar at the top of the screen.
This can occur if the patient has been marked Inactive or Deceased.
- Open the Patients list.
- Tick the Show deceased or inactive checkbox.
- Search for the patient.
- The patient should appear with their record 'greyed out' (listed in grey text).
- Click on the patient to open their file.
If the patient was accidentally marked Deceased or Inactive, you can undo this:
- Scroll to the bottom of their Patient Details tab.
- Untick the Inactive and/or Deceased box.
If the patient is truly Inactive or Deceased, then it would be necessary to search for them using the steps above when you wish to open their file.