At present, there is no way to change the payment method for a payment that has already been receipted.
If you have accidentally receipted an invoice using the incorrect payment method (e.g. EFTPOS instead of Cash), you can fix this by refunding the first payment, and then re-receipting the payment using the correct payment method & date.
- Open the patient's Account tab.
- Highlight the invoice in question.
- Click on Refund.
- Change the Refund date to the date the patient originally paid this invoice.
- Process a Full Refund.
- Back in the Account tab with the invoice selected, click on Pay.
- In the Receipt window, change the payment source to the correct payment method.
- Change the payment date at the top of this window to the original payment date.
- Complete the receipt.
Your banking and the patient's account will then reflect the correct payment method.
If the invoice in question was a third party or health fund invoice, you will instead need to refund the payment as described in the Reversing an Organisational Receipt article. The invoice can then be re-receipted with the correct payment method as described in the Manually receipt a health fund payment article.