You can add your own custom item numbers to Gentu.
This might be useful if you wish to, for example:
- Bill a product that your practice provides (e.g. prostheses, implants, cosmetic Botox),
- Bill a service which has no MBS item code (e.g. medical report, subpoenaed records),
- Bill an administrative cost (e.g. a cancellation fee),
- Bill an AMA-specific item code with no MBA equivalent.
- Open Settings > Billing Items & Fee Schedules.
- Press the Add Custom Item button.
- Enter your custom Item Code.
- This can be a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols, as required.
- Enter a description if required (this will appear on printed invoices).
- Tick the GST Included box if required.
- Enter your private fee for this item.
- Press Save.
After saving a custom item, you can use the billing item search bar at the top of the Billing Items & Fee Schedules page to view and edit its description or fee.
Custom items' codes cannot be changed once saved. Instead, you would need to delete the item and re-add it with the amended code.
After you select a custom item from the search results; you can edit its Description and its fee under various fee schedules.
By default, the Private schedule fee is shown.
If you have additional custom fee schedules, you can select another schedule from the drop down menu in order to change the item's fee under that schedule.
You can also tick or un-tick the GST Included box as needed.
After making changes, press Save to save the changes.