There are two ways to bill GST in Gentu:
- Add GST to custom item numbers.
- Enable GST as a blanket rule for an organisational account holder.
GST can only be enabled for custom items - not for MBS items.
- Open Settings > Billing Items & Fee Schedules
- Click the Add Custom Item button
- Enter an item code (and a description if desired).
- Enter the private fee for the item.
- Tick GST Included.
- Press Save.
When you then add this custom item to an invoice, GST will be included in the item's fee.
You can apply GST by default to all items on an invoice.
The invoice must be an "Other" type invoice, used to bill third party organisations.
To enable GST for an organisation:
- Open the Address Book.
- Find or add the organisation in question.
- Ensure that issue invoices to this contact and Apply GST to all items billed are ticked.
- Save the record.
When you then invoice this organisation (using the "Other" invoice account type), GST will be automatically applied to all item fees on the invoice, including MBS items.
When you bill items that include GST, you will see a cross symbol ✝ next to an item's fee to indicate that GST is included in the fee.
The GST subtotal will also be shown in the Totals section at the bottom of the invoice.
GST amounts are also shown in the Financial Report.