In this article:
This article deals with resolving password & login issues:
- If you have forgotten your password or are unable to log in with your normal password,
- If you wish to change your password for security reasons.
Please note: If you have tried to log in unsuccessfully more than five (5) times, your account will be locked automatically. You will be unable to log in until it has been unlocked.
You can unlock your account by opening your email inbox and finding the "Unlock instructions" email from Gentu. See below for more information.
If you have tried to log in more than five times unsuccessfully, your account will be locked.
If your account becomes locked, you will receive an automated email allowing you to unlock your account.
- Open the inbox for the email account that you use to log in to Gentu.
- Find the "Unlock instructions" email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open the email and click the Unlock my account link.
- The Gentu login screen will open.
After unlocking your account, we recommend performing a password reset.
At the Gentu login screen:
- Click the forgot password? link at the bottom of the login panel.
- On the new page, enter your email address.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive an automated email containing a password reset link.
- The email can take up to 5 minutes to appear in your inbox.
- If you do not receive the email, please check your junk folder.
- Click on the link, and a new window will open prompting you to enter your new password.
- Enter your new password.
- Press Reset my password.
Gentu will return you to the Gentu login screen.
You will then be able to log in to Gentu with your new password.
If you wish to reset your password but you're already logged in, you can log out of Gentu by clicking on your name in the top right hand corner and selecting Log out.
You can then follow the instructions above to reset your password.
- When you click on the link in the reset password email, your computer will open Gentu's reset password page in a new browser tab (or browser window).
- If you use a mail/inbox app such as Outlook or Mail to access your inbox, then Gentu will open the reset password page in your computer's default browser.
- If your default browser is not set to Chrome or Safari, then you may find that the page does not load correctly and you are not able to proceed.
The workaround for this issue is to copy the link from the reset password email into a new Chrome or Safari tab:
- Return to gentu.io.
- Select the Forgot Password? link.
- In the new page, enter your email address and press Submit.
- Open your email inbox and select the reset password email.
- Right-click on the link to open the right-click menu.
- Select Copy shortcut or Copy link address (or equivalent).
- Open your browser (Chrome or Safari).
- Open a new tab.
- Right click into the address bar.
- Select Paste.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
This will load the reset password page in your normal browser.
You should then be able to proceed with resetting your password as normal.
You may also wish to consider changing your computer's default browser.