To send a paid patient claim or a Bulk Bill claim for a child (or any patient where they have a different account holder); you should configure their file so that the patient's parent or guardian is set as the primary account holder.
Note: It is our understanding that the parent or guardian's DOB and Medicare card details will need to be entered into their account holder record.
This is so Medicare can pay the rebate back into the parent or guardian's account in the case of a paid patient claim.
Our understanding is that the parent/guardian's DOB and Medicare details also need to be entered when Bulk Billing a child or minor.
- Open the Address Book and select Add > Account Holder.
- Ensure the Account Holder entity type is Individual.
- Enter in all of the parent/guardian's details, including their Medicare card details and DOB.
- Save the record.
- Open the patient's file to Patient Details and find the Account Holders table.
- Click the + icon and search for the newly added parent/guardian by name.
- Select them and press Save to add the account holder.
Note: you can then select the patient's name in the Account Holders table and Unlink this account to ensure the parent/guardian is the primary account holder by default.
If you do not remove the 'self' account holder, you'll need to manually select the parent/guardian as the Addressee when you invoice this patient.
When billing the patient, you can then simply ensure that the invoice Addressee is set to the parent or guardian account holder.
For more information on creating a private patient claim, please see the Invoicing Patient Claims article.