A claim in Claims Control has a status of "No Reply" listed in its Reported column.
When you click the notification, the resulting page gives you an error saying:
- A report for this claim has not been issued for 14 or more days.
Please call Medicare on 1800 700 199 to confirm your details are registered correctly.
This error indicates that either:
- Medicare did not receive the claim at all.
- Medicare did receive the claim, but did not return a processing report.
This usually occurs when your Minor ID is not correctly registered with Medicare; or when your billing Provider Numbers are not linked to your Minor ID.
You will need to call Medicare on 1800 700 199 and enquire about the claim.
We recommend checking the following:
- Ensure that your Minor ID (aka Location ID - the same as your GTU number) is registered correctly.
- Ensure that all of your site-specific Provider Numbers are linked to your Minor ID.
- Confirm whether Medicare received the claim or not.
If Medicare did not receive the claim:
Click the Resubmit Claim button in the error page to resend the claim.
If Medicare did receive the claim:
Ask them to provide a manual statement of payment.
You can then use this to receipt the claim(s) via Organisational Remittance.
Note that Medicare specifies that it can take 14 days (two weeks) for their system to generate an electronic processing report and return this to you, however in some cases it can take longer.
Gentu regularly checks for a processing report for the 14 days following a claim submission. If this period concludes without a processing report being found for the claim, then Gentu will flag the claim with the "No Reply" status.
If you receive this error, it is imperative that you contact Medicare before resubmitting the claim.
If you resubmit the claim but Medicare has already processed and paid it, then this will result in rejections, errors, and needing to manually receipt the claim's invoice(s).