The Item Report shows you the item numbers billed in your practice, and the income generated as a result, within a certain date range.
In this report you can view a breakdown of income by date range and item number, filtered by account type (e.g. Bulk Bill or Health Fund), as well as narrowing down the results by Provider and/or Site of Service.
- The item report figures are based on the amount invoiced (not the amount receipted).
- The item report itself is based on item service date, not invoice date.
You can narrow down the results displayed by the item report using the filter options in the top left of the report interface.
- The Provider drop down menu shows you a list of billing providers at your practice.
- The Site drop down menu allows you to choose the Site of Service.
- The Items drop down menu shows a list of billing item codes.
You can use the time period drop down menu to select the date range to search in - for example, This Month or Last Financial Year.
- Alternatively you can select Custom... to input your own date range to search in.
- Note that the Provider, Site and Item drop down menus are contextual. They will populate with results accordingly based on the date range selected. For example, if you set the date range to 'This month', the Items drop down list will only populate with the billing items which have been charged within the current month.
- Within the graph at the top right of the screen, you can hover your mouse over the graph columns to show further details.
- You can also click on the various account types to the right of the bar graph to highlight income generated under that account type within the graph.
Press the CSV Export button in the top right of the screen to export the item report to a CSV file.
This will download the item report as a CSV files to your computer.
Alternatively you can select Print to print the report.
Selecting Print while viewing the report overview will print the entire overview to one page.
You can also select the Focus icon on individual tables within the report to view them in fullscreen mode. In focus mode, clicking the Print button will print the focused version of the report. For instance, if you wanted to print the bar graph to an entire page, you can click the Focus icon for the bar graph and then select Print.
Exit Focus mode by selecting Back to Report in the top left.
> Why is there a difference in the Item Report's income vs. the amount invoiced in the Financial Report?
The two reports work in different ways and are not intended to be reflective of each other.
The Item Report always shows the current fee for the item(s) in question, after any adjustments are made. If an item's fee is adjusted up or down after it is billed, then the Item Report will update to show the new total.
Conversely, the Financial Report is intended as a full record of all monetary transactions completed in Gentu. It includes items' adjusted amounts and will break down an item's fee to show the original fee billed, as well as any adjustments made to the fee.