In this article:
The Referral Report gives you an overview of your practice's referral information, including:
- The number of referrals made to your practice within a certain date range.
- The income generated by patients referred to your practice.
Please note: the Income Generated shown in the Referral Report is based on the amount invoiced (not the amount receipted).
The Referral Report is based on invoices. Once a newly referred patient has been invoiced, they will be included in the report.
Data in the Referral Report will refresh three times per day, between 9am - 5pm AEST.
You can narrow down the results displayed by the referral report using the filter options in the top left of the report interface.
- The Provider drop down menu shows you a list of billing providers at your practice.
- The Site drop down menu allows you to choose the Site of Service.
- The Referrer drop down menu shows a list of Practitioners from your Address Book who have referred patients to you.
You can use the time period drop down menu to select the date range to search in - for example, This Month or Last Financial Year.
Alternatively you can select Custom... to input your own date range to search in.
Note that the Provider, Site and Referrer drop down menus are contextual: They will populate with results accordingly based on the date range selected. For example, if you set the date range to 'This month', the Referrer drop down list will only populate with the names of doctors who have referred patients to you this month.
- Note that the Provider and Assistant drop down menus are contextual: They will populate with relevant results based on the date range selected.
- If you select an option from any of the drop down menus, the other drop down menus will update with contextually relevant options. For instance if you select a Provider from the list, the Referrer menu will then only display practitioners who have referred patients billed by that provider.
- Clicking on any of the bar graph columns, the Referrer name, the Patient name, etc., will highlight the selected record so you can more easily isolate the results.
The middle table in the report shows the results of the report by referring doctor.
- Clicking on the column headers will sort the results in ascending or descending order.
For example, if you want to see which referrer has resulted in the most income for your practice, you can click the Income Generated heading to sort the results in descending order.
- You can click the link icon to the left of the Referrer column to open the provider's Address Book record.
Clicking on one of the referrer's names in this table will further refine the results displayed in the report:
- The provider's column in the Income Generated graph will be highlighted.
- The Number of Referrals graph will isolate results for the selected doctor only.
- The list of patients in the Patient results table will show only those patients referred by the selected doctor.
The bottom table in the report shows results by patient.
- Clicking on a patient's name will update the Referrer table to show only that patient's referring doctor.
- It will also highlight a segment of column within the Income Generated graph to represent the income generated by this patient.
- Clicking on the column headers in this table will sort the results in ascending or descending order.
- If the patient has no prior billing history at your practice, they will be marked as a new patient by a tick in the New Patient column.
Press the CSV Export button in the top right of the screen to export the referrals report to a CSV file.
This will download two CSV files to your computer - one will show the referring doctor details table, and one will show the patient details table.
Alternatively you can select Print to print the report.
Selecting Print while viewing the report overview will print the entire overview to one page.
You can select the Focus icon on individual tables within the report to view them in fullscreen mode. In focus mode, clicking the Print button will print the focused version of the report as it appears on screen.
> I cannot access the Referrals Report / I cannot see the tile in the Reports panel. Why not?
If you cannot see the Referrals Report tile in the Reports panel, it is likely that your user role does not have the appropriate permission enabled to do so.
Please see the User Roles article for more information on user roles & security permissions.