By default Gentu is geoblocked outside of Australia, but we are happy to provide international access on request.
- If you require access to Gentu whilst travelling internationally please contact our support team to arrange this. Our staff will need to know the countries you intend to visit in order to provide access.
- Upon request, we can make Gentu available from your chosen location for a temporary period. Please advise our support team how long you will require access for.
- If the country is on the whitelist, it will already be permanently open to Gentu access.
- If the country is on the blacklist, it will not be possible to access Gentu from this location.
- If you are already travelling overseas, we are more than happy to provide access however please note our support hours are Australian business hours and as such we recommend that you enquire about access prior to your departure.
- Making access available to a country which doesn't appear on the list below isn't instantaneous. While many requests can be processed within 24 hours, please allow 3-5 business days to assess and action your request to avoid problems accessing Gentu during your trip.
- Please note that international availability doesn't alter the way in which your data is stored; all your data, regardless of whether it is live or a backup, is held exclusively in Australia and is not stored overseas.
Please note that we are not able to provide international access from any countries named on the Blacklist, below.
The counties below are permanently open to Gentu access:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom (UK)
- United States of America (USA)
(Last updated August 2018)
There are some countries which will not be made available for international access due to the security risk they pose to Gentu. This is part of our commitment to maintain the highest possible standard of security for our users.
These countries are regularly subject to and the origin of attacks by hackers, or otherwise promote hacking and harbour organisations which benefit from these activities. For this reason, the following countries are permanently blacklisted and access for Gentu will not be made available:
- North Korea
If you are travelling to a blacklisted country then an alternative option is to configure a VPN service to provide access back to Australia before leaving. If you are unsure about your options regarding a VPN, please contact your preferred IT provider.