By default Gentu is geoblocked outside of Australia, but we are happy to provide international access to certain regions on request.
- If you require access to Gentu while travelling overseas, please contact our support team to arrange this. Please let us know the countries you intend to visit and the dates you will be in each region.
- International access to Gentu is permanently available from certain locations. Please see the Whitelisted Countries section below for a list.
- If you are already overseas, we can still organise access for you. Please be mindful that we operate with Australian business hours and there may be a delay processing your request.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your International Access request to be processed.
- Please note that international availability does not alter the way in which your data is stored. All live and backup data is held exclusively in Australia and is never stored overseas.
The countries below are permanently open to Gentu access:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom (UK)
- United States of America (USA)
(Last updated October 2019)
Certain countries will not be made available for international access due to the security risk they pose to Gentu. This is part of our commitment to maintain the highest possible standard of security for our users.
These countries are regularly subject to and the origin of attacks by hackers, or otherwise promote hacking and harbour organisations which benefit from these activities.
For this reason, the following countries are permanently blacklisted and access for Gentu will not be made available:
- North Korea
If you are travelling to a blacklisted country then an alternative option is to configure a VPN service to provide access back to Australia before leaving.
If you are unsure about your options regarding a VPN, please contact your preferred IT Support Representative.