In this article:
This article covers how Gentu applies multiple item rules to scale fee & rebate amounts, including:
- Multiple Procedure Rule (MPR)
- Diagnostic Item Multiple Service Rule (DIMSR)
- Multiple Vascular Ultrasound Rule (MVUSR).
Gentu automatically applies the MPR to items as you add them to an invoice.
The MPR will calculate automatically for both fees and rebates.
This applies to all Account Types except for the Other Account Type used in third party billing.
When the MPR is applied to an item, you will see the 'MPR Applied' tip underneath the item.
For any given service date, items on an invoice will be ordered as follows:
- Non-MPR items (consult or diagnostic items)
- MPR-applicable items which are themselves ordered by:
- Their 100% MBS schedule fee, in descending order
- Item code
- Their original position as added to the invoice (when there are multiples of the same billing item)
- Assistant items (51300, 51303).
Please also note that the MPR is only applicable to items in the following MBS Categories:
- Category T8 (excluding Subgroup 12)
- Category O (excluding Group O11).
If you are uncertain whether an item is MPR applicable, we recommend searching for it on the MBS Online website and checking which Category and group or subgroup it belongs to.
- Gentu automatically applies the relevant Diagnostic Item Multiple Service Rule (DIMSR) as you add diagnostic items to the invoice.
- Gentu will show you which DIMSR rule(s) are applied in a tip underneath the item.
- Hovering over the tip will show further information about the applied rule.
- Similar to the DIMSR, the Multiple Vascular Ultrasound Service Rule will automatically apply to relevant items as they are added to the invoice.
- Gentu will show the MVUSR applied tip. Hovering over it will reveal more information.
- Other... Account Types, used for third party billing, operate differently.
- For Other invoices, you have the option of leaving the item fees unchanged, or you can choose a specific MPR scale to apply.
- The MPR used for third party invoices should be based on the organisation's requirements. If you are unsure which MPR to use, you should contact the third party organisation.
- To apply the MPR to an Other Account Type invoice, click the Apply MPR button to reveal a drop down menu with several MPR scale options:
- From this list, select the relevant MPR to apply it to the invoice fees.
To exclude a surgical item from the MPR:
- Click the plus + icon to the item's left.
- The Overrides window will open.
- Tick the Not Multiple Procedure override.
- Enter the explanatory Service Text.
- Click Apply to save.
Once you have done this, the item will be excluded from both the rebate and fee MPR scaling.
If you wish to remove a specific item from the DIMSR or MVUSR, you can manually change its fee.
Please note it is not possible to remove the rebate scaling from diagnostic or vascular ultrasound items.
To remove all fee scaling rules from an invoice, click the Unapply Rules button.
This will reset all item fees.
The MPR will still apply to the item rebates.
If you wish to reinstate the fee scale after clicking Unapply Rules, you must remove and then re-add all the items.