In this article:
Brand consistency is key for a professional approach, and Gentu can help you achieve this with the ability to store and apply multiple letterheads to your letter templates.
By having a different letterhead for each of your templates or on a per-doctor basis, you can maintain your personal branding on all correspondence.
Gentu comes with a 'default' letterhead template inbuilt.
At first, the default letterhead is blank; you can edit it however you'd like.
The default letterhead will appear on all your account documents printed from Gentu:
The default letterhead is practice specific (not user specific). At this time, it is not possible to set a default letterhead per provider. Nor is it currently possible to change which letterhead prints on your account documents.
Create or edit a letterhead
You can create or edit letterheads within Settings > Letterhead Templates.
To create a new letterhead, click on the +Add button.
This will take you into the Letterhead editor window where you can create a new letterhead.
Please see the Letter Writing Tools and Functions article for more information.
Note that you must enter a title for the letterhead before saving.
If you have been sent a letterhead design by a graphic design company, you can use the Insert Image button to insert your letterhead as an image.
Note the grey area underneath the letterhead which states "anything in this section may not be shown". You should ensure your letterhead does not encroach on this area, or as stated, it may not display correctly when added to a letter template.
When you have finished designing your template, click Save.
To edit an existing letterhead, select the letterhead from the left-hand pane and click the Edit button.
Apply letterhead to a template
You can apply a letterhead to a letter template, if you wanted a particular letterhead to be selected by default on a specific template.
To apply a letterhead at a template level, follow these steps:
- Open Settings > Letter Templates.
- Highlight the template you wish to change.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Click into the existing letterhead area, and select your chosen letterhead from the drop-down menu provided.
- Your chosen letterhead will then be inserted.
- Save your template.
From now on, each time you choose to write a letter using this template, the letterhead you selected will be inserted by default.
You can delete a letterhead as follows:
- Navigate to Settings > Letterhead Templates
- Select the letterhead you wish to delete
- Press the Delete icon.
- If a letterhead is currently attached to a letter template, you will not be able to delete it.
- You will need to unlink the letterhead from any letter templates before it can be deleted.
- Deleting a letterhead will not affect letters which are already saved in a patient's file, i.e., they will still retain the original (deleted) letterhead.