Before you begin
Before creating a schedule in your Gentu appointment book:
- If your practice already runs on a schedule, have this information handy while setting up Gentu's schedule.
- Add your Appointment Types, which are used to create the schedule, in Settings > Appointment Types.
- You can allocate schedules to a certain location, based on your Sites of Service in Settings > Manage Users > select your name > Practitioner details.
Create a schedule
To create a once-off scheduled event:
- In the Appointment Book, press Setup Schedule.
- Click and drag to select the block of appointment slots you would like to apply the schedule to.
- The Schedule Event box will open. Here, enter a name for the event. For examples: Meeting, Lunch, Follow Up.
- Select the Event Type from the drop down menu.
- This list is based on the Appointment Types list in Settings.
- The event type you select will also determine the colour of the schedule block.
- Amend the start time and duration of the event if needed.
- Optionally, add the Location for the appointment schedule (based on your Sites of Service in Settings > Manage Users > select your name > Practitioner details).
- Press Save.
- Press Exit Schedule to toggle the schedule view off, and return to your normal appointment book.
- You can create a recurring schedule by ticking the Recurring checkbox in the Schedule Event window.
- This will reveal more options where you can set the recurring frequency and other details.
- Note that leaving the end date blank will cause the schedule to recur indefinitely.
- After entering the recurring details, simply press Save and then Exit Schedule to return to your usual appointment book.
Delete a schedule
- Navigate to a day in the calendar where you can see the schedule in question.
- Press Setup Schedule to toggle the schedule view on.
- Click on the schedule event to open the event details box.
- Press Remove.
If the schedule is a once-off event, pressing Remove will instantly delete the event.
If the schedule is a recurring event, pressing Remove will present you with three further options:
Just this one will delete the scheduled event on this day only. The schedule will continue to recur as usual.
This and all future events will delete this event, as well as all future instances of this recurring event.
- All events in this series will delete every instance of this event (past and future) from your appointment book.
> How do I add/edit an Appointment Type?
Via Settings > Appointment Types. Click the small plus + icon to add a new appointment type, or click an existing type to edit it.
> How do I edit a recurring schedule?
At this time it isn't possible to edit a recurring schedule. Instead, you would need to remove the schedule (selecting 'This and all future events'), and then recreate the schedule with the correct details.