Gentu lets you accept a deposit (pre-payment) from a patient prior to their surgery or consult. The deposit amount is held in the background of the patient's account, until it can later be used to receipt or partially receipt an invoice.
- Press the Accept Deposit button at the top right of the patient's Account tab.
- Enter the details as prompted, then press Save.
- Open the patient's Account tab.
- Select the invoice you wish to receipt on the left hand side.
- In the Receipt window, select the relevant Deposit Account from the Payment Source drop down menu.
- Once you've selected the deposit as the payment source, you can proceed as normal with the receipt by filling in the details and pressing Receipt.
If the full amount of the held deposit is not used when receipting; the remainder of the deposit will be held in the background of the patient's account.
> I have accepted a deposit for the patient, but I can't find it in the Payment Source drop down menu when receipting. Why not?
When you accept a deposit, you also must select the practitioner to which this deposit applies. You can then only receipt that deposit on invoices which are raised with that same practitioner as the servicing provider. If you cannot see the deposit amount in the Payment Source menu, check that the deposit is receipted under the correct provider.
> Can I refund a deposit? / How do I refund a deposit?
You can partially or fully refund a deposit by using the Refund Deposit button in the patient's Account tab.
Enter the details in the resulting window and press Save to process the refund.
> What is the Reference field for?
Reference is a free text field where you can enter any notes about the deposit, such as the surgery the deposit is held as pre-payment for.