In this article:
The end of financial year period usually corresponds with a range of updates to health fund fee schedules.
Gentu handles the upload & maintenance of health fund fee schedules in your database. There is no action required on your part - the fee schedules will update themselves automatically.
The exception to this is the AMA Fee Schedule.
The AMA fee schedule is only available to AMA members. It must be downloaded from the AMA website and manually uploaded into your Gentu database.
- Log in to the AMA website.
- Download the latest fee schedule file in .CSV format.
You must download the schedule in .CSV format. Other formats, such as .PDF, are unable to be read by Gentu.
Please do not open the .CSV schedule on your computer before uploading it into Gentu. Doing so can cause the upload to fail.
To upload the AMA schedule:
- Navigate to Settings > Billing Items & Fee Schedules.
- Click Upload AMA.
- Browse to and select the AMA Fee Schedule CSV file on your computer.
- You will see a message indicating that the schedule upload has begun.
- When the upload is complete, you will see another message indicating the upload was successful.
Please do not close, refresh, or navigate away from the page until you see the second message telling you the upload was successful. Doing so will cause the upload to fail.
When this is done, the AMA fees will be available in your Gentu.
If your practice has its own private fee schedule, you may also want to take the opportunity to reassess the fees you charge as part of your End of Financial Year reporting.
You can change your private fee schedule via Settings > Billing Items.
Please see the Fee Schedules article for more information on adding or updating a private fee schedule.
Before the end of financial year, you may wish to finalise any outstanding accounts.
You can view a full list of all unresolved invoices in Financials > Unresolved Invoices.
In this tab you will see a list of all invoices which still have an outstanding balance.
- Select a date range in the Unresolved Invoices report to display all accounts outstanding as of that date (inclusive).
- The report will ignore invoices which were created after the ‘as of’ date.
Please note that since there is no way to set a ‘from’ date in Unresolved Invoices, there isn’t an exact method to determining which accounts are outstanding within the bounds of the current financial year only.
Click on an invoice from this list to open it.
Depending on the status of the invoice, there are a few actions you can perform:
- You can Print the invoice from here to re-send the account to the patient.
- If the invoice has been electronically claimed with Medicare/DVA/a health fund, you can make amendments and adjustments here (for instance, reclaiming items or resolving exceptions).
- You can use the Transfer button to transfer the outstanding balance from the health fund to the patient's account.
- The patient will then be responsible for settling the outstanding balance.
- You can also adjust the item fees, or void items where applicable.
- For instance, if the account is unlikely to ever be paid, it is recommended to adjust the item balance to $0 with the reason 'Bad Debt'.
The Financial Report shows all changes made to invoices in a specific date range.
For more information, please see the Financial Report article.
- Access the report via Reports > Financial Report.
- At the top of the page, set the desired filters, such as the date range (e.g. Last Financial Year).
- You can filter further by provider or site if desired.
- Press the Generate button to generate the report data.
- You can also press Export to download this report in Excel format.
You can generate a Banking Report to show your receipted income for a specific period.
The banking report records all payments (including deposits) and refunds, and should give you an accurate reflection of income within a certain date range.
To access the banking report, navigate to Reports > Banking Report.
Please see the Banking Report article for more information.