In this article:
User Roles allow you to set user account permissions on a group basis (rather than a per-person basis). Users can then be assigned to a Role with the appropriate permissions for their duties.
When you invite a new user to Gentu, you will be prompted to select their User Role.
Provided that you have the appropriate permissions to do so, you can change a user's role at any time in your Settings.
- Navigate to Settings > Manage Users.
- Select the user whose role you wish to change.
- Select their new role from the Role drop down menu.
- Press Save.
Please note that the first user to sign up to Gentu will be an Administrator by default. It is not possible to change the user role of the original Administrator.
The Administrator user role will have access to all areas of Gentu by default.
It is not possible to disable permissions for a user in the Administrator user role. If you wish to restrict this user's permissions, you should instead change them to a different user role.
The Administrator will also have access to all locked clinical records as well as the ability to unlock any locked records.
- Navigate to Settings > Manage Roles.
- On the left, select the role that you wish to change the permissions for (e.g. Doctor).
- Tick the checkboxes for the permissions you wish to enable.
- To remove permissions, deselect the relevant checkbox.
- Press the Save button in the top right to confirm the changes.
- The new permissions will apply immediately.
> Can I change permissions on a per-person basis?
Currently it is not possible to change user roles on a per-person basis.
> I cannot see the Manage Roles link. How do I change role permissions?
If you cannot see the Manage Roles link in Settings, it means you do not have permission to access this area of the app. Please speak to your Administrator so they can make the appropriate changes.