In this article:
Gentu's Appointment Book gives you an overview of your appointments and schedule. From this screen you can add patients, print reports, configure your schedule, and preview the days and weeks ahead.
To create an appointment for an existing patient in your database:
- Navigate to the Appointments page.
- Click on the appointment time slot where you wish to book the appointment.
- The appointment details window will open.
- In the search bar, begin to type in the patient's name or DOB to search for them.
- Select the patient from the list of search results.
- Add any additional information; such as the location, notes or the appointment status.
- Click Save to book the appointment.
You can add appointments for patients who do not already exist in your practice.
Adding an appointment for a new patient will create their patient record automatically.
- Click on the time slot where you wish to book their appointment.
- Fill in the patient's name and DOB.
- Fill in any additional information in the window as required, such as their mobile number, or any notes for the appointment.
- Click Save.
A new patient record will be created. You can fill in the rest of their information at a later time.
To edit an appointment, select the appointment from the Appointment Book to view its details.
- In here you can edit the Start Date, Start Time, and/or Duration.
- The changes will be applied once you hit Save.
To delete an appointment, simply click on it and select Remove to delete it from the Appointment Book.
Procedure bookings operate slightly differently to non-procedure patient appointments.
Please see the Procedures article for more information.
You can change an appointment's status to reflect further details.
The appointment status is indicated by a small icon shown in the top right of the appointment when viewed from the appointment book.
- To set an appointment status, click on the appointment and select the status from the Appointment Status drop down menu.
Gentu also has a few appointment statuses that will apply automatically.
All of the appointment statuses are outlined below.
|Confirmed||The patient has confirmed their appointment.|
|In waiting room||The patient has arrived and is waiting to see the doctor.|
|Completed||The patient has seen the doctor.|
|Did not arrive||The patient did not arrive to their appointment.|
|Cancelled||The patient has cancelled their appointment.|
|The patient does not have a valid referral for this appointment date.|
|The patient has been billed for this appointment.|
From a patient's booked appointment, you have access to a number of other functions.
Click on a patient's appointment to view its details. From here you can:
- SMS the patient
- Add an invoice
- Add an attachment
- Create a letter
- Create a procedure
- Create a quote
- Add a recall
- Add a To Do task
You can also use the Appointment Book to schedule non-patient events, such as a staff meetings or leave:
- Click on the time slot where you wish to schedule the event.
- Select the Event tab.
- Fill in the details, such as the event name and its time and duration.
- You can also select an Event Type (Appointment Type) for the event, if desired.
- Click Save.
You can edit or delete an event as you would a patient appointment.
You can set up a background recurring schedule for your appointment book to give you an overview of the days or week ahead at a glance.
Please see the Appointment Schedules article for more information.