I receipted a payment as the incorrect payment method (Eftpos rather than cash). How can I adjust this?
At present, there is no way to change the payment method for a payment that has already been receipted.
Instead it is necessary to refund the first payment, and then re-receipt the payment using the correct payment method & date.
- Open the patient's Account tab.
- Highlight the invoice in question.
- Click on Refund.
- Change the Refund date to the date the patient/organisational originally paid.
- Process a full refund.
- Back in the Account tab with the invoice selected, click on Pay.
- In the receipt window, change the payment source to the correct payment method.
- Modify the payment date at the top of this window to the original payment date.
- Complete the receipt.
Your banking and the patient's account will then reflect the correct payment method.
How do I process a receipt using two different payment methods?
You will need to complete two different receipts to use two different payment methods.
- Open the invoice
- Receipt the first payment with one payment method
- Save the receipt
- Re-open the invoice
- Receipt the second payment with another payment method
- Save the receipt
- The Accounts area will show the two payments.
This process can be useful if you need to apply a deposit to an invoice, and then accept another payment from a Medicare cheque.
I sent an invoice to a health fund manually. When I try to receipt the invoice, I cannot enter a payment amount in the Receipt window. Why is this happening?
You may be unable to change the value in the Payable fields because you are trying to receipt the patient, rather than the health fund. This is because the account holder for the invoice will be the health fund rather than the patient. If you send an account to a health fund manually, then you will need to receipt any funds through the Organisational Remittance. To receipt the account, open Financials > Organisational Remittance, click on the relevant health fund, and then receipt the monies against the correct patients items.
How do I accept/apply a deposit?
I have accepted a deposit for the patient, but I can't find it in the Payment Source drop down menu when receipting. Why not?
When you accept a deposit, you also must select the practitioner to which this deposit applies. You can then only receipt that deposit on invoices which are raised with that same practitioner as the servicing provider. If you cannot see the deposit amount in the Payment Source menu, check that the deposit is receipted under the correct provider.