Gentu is committed to providing the highest quality of security for our users, to protect your valuable data. In light of this, there are a few browser-specific settings that we recommend you implement in the browser that you use Gentu with.
Below are some of the recommended browser security settings for the Chrome and Safari browsers.
Please note these settings are recommendations only, and they may not all be applicable to your particular browser or environment.
If you are not comfortable changing these settings yourself, we recommend seeking advice from your nominated IT support technician.
Click the Chrome menu icon in the top right hand corner, and select Settings.
Select the Advanced link at the bottom of the screen. Then:
- Under ‘Privacy and security’, disable the function ‘Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly’.
- Enable ‘Protect you and your device from dangerous sites’.
- Enable ‘Send a “Do Not Track” request with your browsing traffic’.
- Disable ‘Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors’.
Note: the above setting means that Google will not send your typed data to its servers for spell-checking. Instead it will rely on its local dictionary.
- Scroll down to ‘Passwords and forms’ and click on ’Auto-fill settings’.
- Click the slider icon to disable auto-fill.
- Select Safari > Preferences.
- Select the AutoFill tab.
- Deselect every checkbox to disable auto-fill.
- Open the Security tab.
- Tick ‘Warn when visiting a fraudulent website’.
Note: Please do not tick ‘Block pop-up windows’. This will prevent Gentu from being able to print documents when using Safari.
- Open the Privacy tab.
- Tick ‘Ask websites not to track me’.
- Under the ‘Cookies and website data’ heading, select ‘Allow from websites I visit’.
Note: selecting ‘Always block’ will prevent access to Gentu, so we do not recommend using this setting.