Table of Contents
Updating Fee Schedules
The end of financial year period usually corresponds with a range of updates to health fund fee schedules. Because Gentu handles the maintenance of health fund fee schedules in your database, there is no action required on your part - the fee schedules will update themselves automatically.
The exception to this is the AMA Fee Schedule. The AMA fee schedule is only available to AMA members and must be downloaded from the AMA website and manually uploaded into your Gentu database. Users will need to upload the AMA schedule to their instance of Gentu in order to take advantage of any updates to AMA fees.
To do this, log in to the AMA website and download their fee schedule file. The file must be in .csv format, which can be opened in Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet program. Please do not attempt to upload the .pdf fee schedule file into Gentu as it is unable to be read by Gentu.
To upload the AMA schedule:
1. Navigating to Settings > Fee Schedules
2. Click Upload AMA
3. Browse to and select the AMA Fee Schedule CSV file.
4. Wait for the fee schedule to upload. This may take some time. A message will appear when this is complete.
When this is done, the AMA fees will be available in your Gentu.
Updating Private Fees
If your practice charges Private Fees, you may also want to take the opportunity to reassess the fees you charge as part of your End of Financial Year reporting. You can change your private fee schedule via Settings > Billing Items.
Before the end of financial year, you may wish to finalise any outstanding accounts. You can view a full list of all unresolved invoices via Financials > Unresolved Invoices.
In this tab you will see a list of all invoices which still have an outstanding balance.
Click on an invoice to open it. Depending on the status of the invoice, there are a few actions you can perform:
- You can Print the invoice from here to re-send the account to the patient.
- If the invoice is associated with an electronic health fund or Bulk Bill/DVA claim, you can make amendments and adjustments here - for instance you can mark certain items as 'Reclaim' and then resubmit the claim for payment.
- You can use the Transfer button to transfer the outstanding balance from the health fund over to the patient's account (meaning that the patient is now responsible for settling the outstanding balance).
- You can also adjust the item fees, or void items where applicable. If the account is unlikely to ever be paid, it is recommended to adjust the item balance to $0 with the reason 'Bad Debt'.
In the near future, we're pleased to share that the Unresolved Invoices page will also include the ability to filter invoices by provider and by date range.
Upon opening the Financial Report tab of the Financials panel, you'll be prompted to select the date range to report on. Select This Financial Year (or Last Financial Year if applicable). You can further isolate results using the Providers and Sites drop down menus, or leave them blank to load financial records from all providers & practice locations.
Clicking the drop down arrow on the left of each record will display further detail for that account.
Note that the transactions shown in grey text are from a period outside of the reporting date range. These transactions are listed here to provide context, but the amounts are not included in the report totals.
You may note that held deposits are not included as 'Receipted' income on the Financial Report. Once a deposit is applied to an invoice, it becomes income and is listed in the Receipted totals of the Financial Report. Therefore you may wish to check the Deposits Report in addition to the Financial Report, via the Deposits Report tab. You can print this report by selecting CTRL+P / CMD+P to open your browser's print dialogue.
I cannot access Gentu's financial reports. Why not?
If you cannot access the financial reports, you may not have the required permissions to do so. See this article for more information.
Can I print financial reports from Gentu?
Gentu doesn't have an inbuilt print button, but you can print reports by pressing CTRL+P to open your browser's print dialogue box.
Can I export financial reports from Gentu?
We are currently working on adding an export-to-spreadsheet function to the Financial Report, and hope to have this available in the near future.