This article contains frequently asked questions which don't relate to one particular area within Gentu.
> How do I book Gentu training or an on site visit?
If you would like to book one of our Gentu representatives for some helpful training, or to visit you on site, please email our support team on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our support team will put you in touch with a representative from your state.
> What is my Location ID / Minor ID / Gentu ID?
Medicare may ask for your Minor ID, Location ID, or Gentu ID when you contact them (e.g. to register new provider numbers or sites of service). Your Location ID is the same as your GTU number, which can be found in the top right hand corner of the screen while logged in to Gentu, in the format GTUxxxxx.
> How do I take a screenshot?
Gentu Support might ask you to take a screenshot of your screen to assist with troubleshooting a problem. The ability to take a screenshot is built into your computer, however, it differs depending on what kind of computer you use (Windows or Mac).
- Open the Start menu.
- Type in "snip".
- You should see the search result Snipping Tool.
- Open Snipping Tool.
- Press New, and you should see your computer screen darken slightly.
- Click and drag your cursor to select the area of the screen you wish to capture.
- When you release the mouse button, the captured area will open in a new preview widow.
- Save this file to your Desktop.
- Press the CMD, Shift and numeral 3 keys at the same time to capture a screenshot of your entire screen.
- Alternatively, press CMD+Shift+4 and you will see your mouse cursor change to a crosshair that you can use to click and drag to select the area for capture.
- The screenshot will automatically save to your Desktop.
Once you have saved the screenshot to your computer, we recommend that you use the Gentu Support Widget, inside your Gentu app, to upload the screenshot to us:
- Log in to Gentu.
- Click the pink "?" icon in the lower left.
- Search for any word (doesn't matter what is typed here).
- You should then see a Contact Us button appear in the widget.
- Click Contact Us and fill in the details, uploading the file as prompted.
> When I try to add a Provider Number, Gentu tells me it is invalid.
When you add a Provider Number, either for a Practitioner in the Address Book or for a user within Settings > Manage Users > Practitioner Details, Gentu may present you with an "Invalid format" error.
If this occurs, please check how many characters are present in the provider number. If there are not 8 characters total, then you can resolve this by placing zeroes (0) at the beginning of the provider number so that it reaches 8 characters total.
> When I try to print from Gentu, I receive the "your document is being generated" prompt for an indefinite amount of time. Why is this?
If you are receiving the above prompt and the document is never generated, it may be because you are using a non-default PDF viewer. Usually, it means that you have another PDF Viewer installed as an add-on, extension, or plugin within your browser. You will need to disable or uninstall this addon or extension before you will be able to print successfully from Gentu again.
You may also encounter this issue if trying to print via a non-supported browser. Please see below for more information on supported browsers.
> Which browser/s can I use with Gentu?
Gentu works on most modern, reputable browsers with the exception of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is not supported, as there are some known issues when using Gentu from Internet Explorer (such as the inability to print invoices).
We recommend using Chrome or Safari for the optimal experience.
> How do I ensure my browser is on the latest version?
You can check and update your browser as follows.
- Chrome: Click the menu icon in the top right hand corner, then select Help > About Google Chrome. This will cause Chrome to check for updates and download them automatically if any are available, after which you can simply relaunch your browser to update.
- Safari: Safari is updated during the course of performing regular Mac OS updates via the Mac App Store. You can check your Safari version by clicking the Safari menu in the top left corner of the screen and selecting About Safari.
> Which operating system/s can I use with Gentu? / What hardware requirements does Gentu have?
There are some minimal operating system (OS) requirements when it comes to using Gentu, mostly related to the capacity of the OS to support browsers which can run Gentu.
For security reasons, we recommend that you use a recent, modern OS (such as Windows 10, or macOS 10.12 "Sierra" and above), and that you regularly update your OS and your browser version.
The older your OS is, the less likely that it will be able to run the most recent, up-to-date versions of Safari or Chrome (the recommended browsers for using Gentu). There is also a minimum version requirement for both Safari and Chrome to support the Gentu interface.
The following operating systems are not recommended:
- Mac OS X 10.6 – “Snow Leopard” or earlier
- Mac OS X 10.7 – “Lion”
- Mac OS X 10.8 – “Mountain Lion”
- Windows XP*
- Windows Vista
*Windows XP has known security flaws and is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Beyond the above; Gentu does not have any specific hardware requirements. However, as in general, you will find that the older your hardware setup is, the more likely that Gentu will be slow to load or will have odd display issues.
> Which printers/scanners can I use with Gentu?
Gentu uses your web browser to print documents. It is not necessary (or even possible) to install a printer directly into the Gentu application. As long as the printer is installed to your computer or your local network, you will be able to print to it via Gentu.
Gentu does not integrate directly with scanning terminals or scanner software at this time. To scan into Gentu, it would be necessary to scan the documents to your local computer first, and then add each file as an attachment in Gentu.
Gentu Support may be able to provide general guidance on the use of printers/scanners, but is not provisioned to assist with the installation or configuration of third party software or hardware.
> Can I access Gentu while offline?
Gentu is fully cloud-based, i.e., it is hosted online and requires an internet connection in order for you to access and use the application. It is not possible to access or use Gentu while offline.
> I cannot log in to Gentu. What do I do?