Before you begin
Before creating a recurring schedule in your Gentu appointment book, consider the kind of schedule your practice uses. If your practice already runs on a schedule, having this information in front of you while setting up Gentu's schedule will be useful. The more detail, the better.
Gentu's schedule is based on Appointment Types. Before you begin blocking out a schedule in the appointment book, you will need to add at least one appointment type to Gentu via Settings > Appointment Types.
Creating a schedule
To create a once-off scheduled event:
- Select the Appointments panel from the navigation pane.
- Press Setup Schedule.
- Click and drag to select the block of appointment slots you would like to apply the schedule to. In the example below, we've clicked and dragged to select a block of appointments from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
- The Schedule Event box will open. Here, enter a name for the event. For examples: Meeting, Lunch, Follow Up.
- Select the Event Type from the drop down menu. This list is based on the Appointment Types list, as configured in your Settings panel). The event type you select will also determine the colour of the schedule block.
- Amend the start time and duration of the event as needed.
- Press Save.
- Press Exit Schedule to toggle the schedule view off, and return to your normal appointment book.
As the name suggests, you can add recurring schedules to Gentu. For example, many clinics use a four-week rotating schedule: this can be configured in your appointment book.
You can create a recurring schedule by ticking the Recurring checkbox in the Schedule Event window, as shown below.
Here you can configure how often the event recurs by selecting the frequency, regularity and end date. Note that leaving the end date blank will cause the schedule to recur indefinitely.
After entering the recurring details, simply press Save and then Exit Schedule to return to your usual appointment book.
Deleting a schedule
To delete a schedule, first, navigate to a day in the calendar where you can see the schedule in question, then press Setup Schedule to toggle the schedule view on.
Click on the schedule event to open the event details box. Then press Remove.
If the schedule is a once-off event, pressing Remove will instantly delete the event.
If the schedule is a recurring event, pressing Remove will present you with three further options.
- Just this one will delete the scheduled event on this day only. The schedule will continue to recur as usual.
- This and all future events will delete this event, as well as all future instances of this recurring event.
- All events in this series will delete every instance of this event (past and future) from your appointment book.
How do I add/edit an Appointment Type?
Via Settings > Appointment Types. Click the small plus + icon to add a new appointment type, or click an existing type to edit it.