Before you begin
Before creating a schedule in your Gentu appointment book:
- If your practice already runs on a schedule, have this information handy while setting up Gentu's schedule.
- Add your Appointment Types, which are used to create the schedule, in Settings > Appointment Types.
- You can allocate schedules to a certain location, based on your Sites of Service in Settings > Manage Users > select your name > Practitioner details.
Create a schedule
To create a once-off scheduled event:
- In the Appointment Book, press Setup Schedule.
- Click and drag to select the block of appointment slots you would like to apply the schedule to.
- The Schedule Event box will open. Here, enter a name for the event. For examples: Meeting, Lunch, Follow Up.
- Select the Event Type from the drop down menu.
- This list is based on the Appointment Types list in Settings.
- The event type you select will also determine the colour of the schedule block.
- Amend the start time and duration of the event if needed.
- Optionally, add the Location for the appointment schedule (based on your Sites of Service in Settings > Manage Users > select your name > Practitioner details).
- Press Save.
- Press Exit Schedule to toggle the schedule view off, and return to your normal appointment book.
- You can create a recurring schedule by ticking the Recurring checkbox in the Schedule Event window.
- This will reveal more options where you can set the recurring frequency and other details.
- Note that leaving the end date blank will cause the schedule to recur indefinitely.
- After entering the recurring details, simply press Save and then Exit Schedule to return to your usual appointment book.
Delete a schedule
- Navigate to a day in the calendar where you can see the schedule in question.
- Press Setup Schedule to toggle the schedule view on.
- Click on the schedule event to open the event details box.
- Press Remove.
If the schedule is a once-off event, pressing Remove will instantly delete the event.
If the schedule is a recurring event, pressing Remove will present you with three further options:
- Just this one will delete the scheduled event on this day only. The schedule will continue to recur as usual.
- This and all future events will delete this event, as well as all future instances of this recurring event.
- All events in this series will delete every instance of this event (past and future) from your appointment book.
> How do I add/edit an Appointment Type?
Via Settings > Appointment Types. Click the small plus + icon to add a new appointment type, or click an existing type to edit it.
> How do I edit a recurring schedule?
At this time it isn't possible to edit a recurring schedule. Instead, you would need to remove the schedule (selecting 'This and all future events'), and then recreate the schedule with the correct details.